CAREER OPPORTUNITY WITH APPLETON DOWNTOWN INC.
Position Title: Marketing and Communications Manager
Appleton Downtown Inc. (ADI) is a not-for-profit 501c6 community organization dedicated to creating a vibrant and accessible downtown for business, learning, living and leisure. We are the management arm for the Business Improvement District and also manage a 501c3 organization dedicated to enhancing the downtown with art and culture. Learn more about the important community work we do at: www.appletondowntown.org
Appleton Downtown Inc. seeks a highly motivated and professional candidate to fill the position of Marketing and Communications Managers to oversee the promotion and marketing efforts to build a strong brand awareness for downtown as a destination district for business, living and leisure. Their responsibilities include developing and managing a comprehensive marketing plan for events, promotions and image campaigns.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a yearly marketing plan and budget for advertising campaigns, media campaigns, special events, promotions and business recruitment
- Purchase all media for advertising campaigns, promotions and events
- Solicit media partnerships
- Develop strategies to expand our brand market reach
- Oversee the graphic design and production of all materials as needed by committees, events, and promotions in cooperation with marketing agency
- Act as ADI principal public relations officer for all member promotions
- Facilitate on-going communication with ADI and BID members
- Coordinate the monthly Marketing meeting, Museum Director meeting and Hospitality Meeting
- Manage all facets of media relations for events and promotional campaigns
- Manage Electronic Medias including the website, weekly public and member Eblasts, and blog content
- Facilitate design of downtown literature and promotion pieces including the coordination of ads sales for the Downtown guide
- Oversee social media strategy and implementation
- A minimum of a college diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization, problem-solving, attention to detail and follow-through skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform efficiently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office suite, eblast programs, WordPress and social media platforms. Adobe knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to work collaboratively with the ADI team, interns and community partners.
- Demonstrated commitment, empathy and sensitivity to working with diverse populations.
- Take ownership of work; think strategically and be resourceful.
Pay range: based on experience and qualifications
To apply please send cover letter, resume and references to:
Jennifer Stephany Executive Director at Appleton Downtown Inc.
Attention: Marketing Position