How minerals can help you meet your New Year's goals
By Jane Hamilton, Mystical Earth Gallery
It happened. Just admit it. On New Year's Eve you put the silly party hat on, popped a bottle of the "bubbly," and then sang Auld Lang Syne in your loudest, prettiest singing voice. Confess it.... you then made a few resolutions for the New Year.
My three resolutions are among the top 10 resolutions made by Americans. I am going to lose at least a few pounds, perhaps even more. I want to slow life down a little and focus on the things that really matter, friends and family. I am going to take care of spiritual, physical and mental health by eating better and sleeping more. Also included in the top 10 New Year's resolutions are quit smoking, enjoy life more, quit drinking, get out of debt, learn something new, help other and get organized. All are admirable goals.
New Year's resolutions are made by 40 to 45 percent of the American population. Seventy-five percent of us will keep those resolutions for one week; 71 percent of us keep them for two weeks; 64 percent of us keep them for one month; and 46 percent of us will keep those resolutions for six months. The good news for those us making resolutions is that we are 10 times more likely to succeed at our goals than those folks who do not make New Year's resolutions.
It sure would be nice to have a little more help when it comes to keeping our resolutions and succeeding at our goals. The properties and attributes of minerals and crystals may just be the extra firepower we need to help us reach our goals.
Here are the top 10 resolutions made with those minerals that will help us get there just a little bit easier:
- Lose Weight - carnelian, heulandite, poppy jasper, abalone and labradorite
- Get physically fit - blue lace agate to maintain good health, bloodstone brings good health
- Spend more time with friends and family - moonstone, milky or snow quartz, diopside, heulandite and smoky quartz.
- Learn something - fluorite, heulandite, tektite, moldavite, amethyst, labradorite, onyx, poppy jasper, amber, sodalite, smoky quartz, condor agate, carnelian and green calcite
- Get organized - fluorite and moldavite
- Help others - rose quartz, milky quartz, aventurine, diopside
- Get outof debt - citrine, condor agate, pyrite attracts, zincite
- Quit smoking - onyx, Rhodochrosite, moldavite, amethyst, charolite and purple fluorite
- Quit drinking - Rhodochrosite, onyx amethyst, quartz, green aventurine, and Charolite
- Enjoy life more - moonstone
As you start the process of change, you may find that carnelian, citrine and Tibetan crystals will energize you as you start your new behaviors. Labradorite, moonstone and charolite are good for general change and new beginnings. As you start the New Year, may you enjoy and succeed at all that life offers.
Learn more about minerals at Mystical Earth Gallery. 112 E. College Ave. - City Center