Additionally, we are pleased to announce that Creative Downtown Appleton, Inc. can receive contributions through Thrivent Financial’s Thrivent Choice® program. By directing Choice Dollars® eligible Thrivent members can recommend which nonprofit organizations they feel should receive charitable grant funding from Thrivent. If you have Choice Dollars available to direct, please consider directing to Creative Downtown Appleton! We plan to use Thrivent Choice grant funding to enhance Appleton’s arts, music and culture through programs and events. Creative Downtown Appleton, Inc. strives to:
- Enrich Appleton Downtown’s urban design, public spaces, accessibility and walkability
- Create a diverse, inclusive and more livable Downtown
- Engage Arts & Culture in all aspects of community placemaking
To learn more about Thrivent Choice, visit Thrivent.com/thriventchoice.
The Outagamie County Chapter of Thrivent Financial has also sponsored a coin vortex, Downtown Appleton's brand-new Wishing Well. The Wishing Well will be available weekly at the Farm Market and at other events in Downtown Appleton. The proceeds benefit a number of local non-profits, all in the interest of making Downtown Appleton "One Great Place" to be!
In addition to Creative Downtown Appleton Inc., the following local non-profits will share in the proceeds:
- Building for Kids Children’s Museum
- Caneille Regional Development Fund
- Circles of Support (a program of Goodwill NCW)
- Cycling Without Age
- Fox Valley Symphony Orchestra
- Gordon Bubolz Nature Preserve
- Harbor House Domestic Abuse Programs
- Old Glory Honor Flight
When you're out and about, keep an eye peeled for the Wishing Well. Through the generosity of Thrivent Financial and our amazing community, we can support these wonderful organizations and causes!