Octoberfest in Downtown Appleton is celebrating 35 years of food, fun, and philanthropy. The mission of the first event is the same as it is today, as a fundraiser for nonprofit organizations. Octoberfest has grown to host 150,000 attendees annually, has 100 food booths supporting nonprofit organizations, and entertainment for all. Funds raised from sponsorship and beverage sales are used for the competitive grant program that provides funding to nonprofits year-round. When you attend Octoberfest, you are giving back to the Fox Cities community!
There are a few important things to keep in mind when you visit Appleton for Octoberfest...
10. Check out the Art & Craft booths! With over 180 vendors, there is something for everyone. Trust us!
9. Take this opportunity to stop in to see some of the local shops. Or make a mental note of those you want to visit in the near future. With over 60 unique shops Downtown, you are sure to find that something special for yourself or a gift!
8. The family fun area is designed to make sure everyone has fun (Family Fun Area is located close to the southwest intersection of College & Drew Street). With its own stage, inflatables and more!
7. Take advantage of the Valley Transit system’s special rates and the park & ride locations! Ride for just 25 cents after 3:45pm on Friday for all routes and on Saturday for all routes plus the 4 park & rides! Or take a cab or Uber from Lawrence St.
6. Port-a- potties and garbage cans are located throughout the 10 blocks.
5. There are 6 stages with bands offering a variety of music! Enjoy!
4. Have a plan, for how you will get home if you have a little too much fun. See #7.
3. Bring your ID if you want to buy a wrist band and enjoy adult beverages. NO ID, NO WRISTBAND.
2. You are helping to give back. Every food booth is run by a non-profit organization or associated with a non-profit organization so you can feel good about what you spend!
1. Have fun! This event has been going on for 35 years and is meant to be fun for everyone.
For more about Octoberfest, Appleton’s Mile of Fun, check out Octoberfestonline.org.