Feast your eyes on stunning sculptures of ice all along College Ave at Downtown Appleton's Avenue of Ice Festival! Starting at 10:30am on December 17th, bundle up tight and bring the whole family to Houdini Plaza for ice carving demonstrations, live reindeer, horse-drawn wagon rides, and much more! To make sure you make the most of every second, here are our Top 10 Tips for maximizing your Avenue of Ice experience!
10. Grab a bite to eat while you are out looking at the ice sculptures. In addition to the 50+ restaurants Downtown, there will be 9 food trucks parked on the Avenue!
9. Transform yourself into a Frozen Bobblehead courtesy of Skyline Technology in Houdini Plaza. You’ll never look better!
8. Help to decorate the Christmas tree in Houdini Plaza….but don’t be surprised if it talks to you, that is the whole idea!
7. Stop to visit Santa in the Tundraland Sunroom and be sure to bring your camera!
6. Get up close and personal with live reindeer!
5. Kids can decorate cookies with Mrs. Claus from 10:30-11:30am while supplies last in the Holiday Handcrafted Gift Market inside City Center. Yum!
4. Shop with the help of an elf at the One Stop Elf Shop. All the gifts are $10 and under.
3. Visit the Holiday Handcrafted Gift Market and find that unique item that would make the perfect gift. Or maybe something for you or decorating your home! If you don’t find what you need, visit one of the 60+ Downtown Appleton shops.
2. Watch at least one of the ice carving demonstrations in Houdini Plaza!
1. Marvel at the work of art in each ice carving along the Avenue. When else will you get the opportunity to see 25 ice carvings!