The Appleton Downtown Holiday Checklist
Posted on Dec 5, 2017 by Appleton Downtown Inc.
Since this time of year gets busy for some of us, I’ve put together a helpful Holiday Checklist to be sure you don’t miss anything:
- Join in the fun of our “Elf on the Shelf Downtown” contest by following us on social media. You could win a Downtown Appleton Gift Certificate good at more than 180 businesses when you like, comment or share one of our elf photos and gift suggestions!
- Enjoy the Angels on the light poles and over the intersections downtown. When the Avenue of Angels goes up, many see that as the start of the season.
- Visit the Farm Market inside City Center every Saturday morning. Although the market moves inside, it continues to offer a great selection of fresh, local fruits & vegetables, meats & dairy, bread& baked goods, specialty foods and handcrafted items each week through May.
- Stroll the Avenue and enjoy the decorated shop windows. They are not the animated windows you might see in a big city, but their themes and style are heartwarming and beautiful.
- Find the perfect gift for everyone on your list at one of the seventy unique boutiques and specialty shops. The staff is knowledgeable and helpful. And if they can’t help you, they usually can tell you where you can find what you are looking for.
- Warm up with a cup of coffee, hot chocolate or tea at your favorite coffee shop. With eight to choose from, you’ll find one close by when you want to sit and relax a minute or meet a friend.
- Bring the kids in your life to the One Stop Elf Shop where they can shop with the help of an elf. It’s inside City Center and open on Saturday mornings.
- Visit with the big man in red! Gabriel Furniture offers a free photo opportunity with Santa every Saturday from noon to 3pm. Or find him at the Holiday Fun Fest on Dec. 16.
- Check out the wide array of live performances available during the Holiday season (and all year). There are plays, concerts, dances and more at a wide variety of venues.
- Small Business Saturday has passed, but your local small businesses (shops and restaurants both) appreciate your support all year long! These are the businesses many turn to when they are looking for donations or sponsorship of teams. These are also the businesses where you can touch, smell, taste or try on what you are interested in. And these are the businesses that return your money to the local economy!
- Enjoy a free Horse-drawn Wagon ride during the Holiday Fun Fest on Saturday, December 16th.
- Take your houseguests or get together with friends and family and experience one or more of the Downtown museums: The Trout Museum of Art, The History Museum at the Castle, The Paper Discovery Center, or The Building For Kids Children’s Museum or one of the fun opportunities to create art.