The 48th Annual Downtown Appleton Christmas Parade is almost here on Tuesday, November 20th.
The largest nighttime Christmas Parade in the Upper Midwest will begin at 7:00 p.m. This year’s theme is “Home For The Holidays”. This fun, event is bound to get you into the holiday spirit!
Here are the top 5 tips to help you enjoy the parade:
- Dress warm! Bundle up with winter coats, boots, hats, mittens, and scarves. Pack some handwarmers and blankets for extra comfort. While the temperatures may be cold, the parade and holiday spirit will warm you!
- Where’s the best place to watch the parade? There’s not a bad seat on College Ave! Pick your favorite between State Street and Drew Street and you won’t miss a thing!
Reminder: Due to the Appleton Common Council Parade Policy, no person or object may be used to reserve a location along the College Avenue parade route at any time prior to noon on the day of the Christmas Parade. Persons may place items along the route after noon of the of the parade, but the person MUST remain with those items.
- The parade is expected to include about 80 units featuring floats, decorated vehicles, walking units and animal entries. For the full parade line up – click here.
- Snacks and hot cocoa will be your best friend! Downtown Appleton is filled with great coffee shops and restaurants ready to serve you the perfect holiday treat while you await the arrival of Santa Claus.
- Can’t make it to the parade? Lucky for you, this year’s parade will be televised live by WFRV-TV from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Busy on November 20th or want to watch the parade again? Local Channel 5 will also rebroadcast the parade on Saturday, November 24th from 11am-12:30pm and on Christmas Day, Tuesday, December 25 from 5-6:30am
The Downtown Appleton Christmas Parade is the largest nighttime parade in the Midwest. Last year's parade drew approximately 80,000 spectators to Downtown Appleton. Additionally, a television audience of over 100,000, view the parade live and during a rebroadcast on Local Channel 5, WFRV-TV.
For more parade information visit www.appleton.org or follow the parade on Facebook.